Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still hanging around

Posted by nanaboo z8BRLA (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 22:19

I have about 3 females and one juvenile male hanging around. Bully male chases the others all day. I have 2 window feeders and they now prefer those. Misty rain this morning, and temp getting cooler.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still hanging around

we saw one last weekend here in Detroit.

o

Temp. now in Baton Rouge is 70 degrees. I had one lonely female hummer today. She sipped from 2 or 3 feeders. I tried standing very still with a feeder in my hand to coax her to sip, but no luck. I saw my last hummer last year on Oct. 19th, so I may have a few more days of hummer joy!

o

72 degrees now in Baton Rouge, but forecase is for cool in the morning. My lone female hummingbird was joined today by a young male. He sipped from window feeder, so I was able to get a good look; he had a dark spot in middle of his chest, awesome! I guess he was passing thru!

o

I have one female hummingbird feeding off and on all day. She is getting pudgy, so may be moving on soon. Sure will miss her. Leaving my feeders up, as I had hummers until Oct. 25th last year.

o

I had not seen a hummingbird for 2 weeks. Then on Nov. 10th a female RT arrived to sip at my one feeder that I still have up. On Nov. 16th, a male RT arrived and chased the female away from the feeder. I have not seen the male since, but the female hummer is still hanging around, sipping every day. I am attaching a pic taken today, not very clear, but she does not sip very long.

o

11:00 am, temp. in Baton Rouge is 73 degrees and sunny. One female RT feeding this morning.

o

• Posted by jomuir z5 detroit (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 12:04

wow, they sure are staying late aren't they? Nice pic btw.

o

Temp. now in Baton Rouge, is 36 degrees and raining. I saw a hummingbird feeding this morning. I think this is the same resident hummingbird, hanging around, feeding from my one feeder, which I have kept refreshed.

o

Have been seeing 2 hummers on my firespike bush daily

o

Sunny today, temp. in 50's. Noticed the hummer feeding this morning at the one feeder several times.

o

Hummers are arriving in Baton Rouge. Another hummer spotted feeding this morning, joining my resident hummer, who never left my feeder during the winter. They were sharing the feeder, near window, and I had a very close-up look. Sorry, I did not have a camera near. I just added feeder #2, hanging in a treee nearby. Temp. today 62 degrees and sunny, great for walking in the neighborhood, and enjoying the blooms.

o

My hummer feeding at kitchen window feeder today. Temp. in Baton Rouge is 66 degrees, some rain, no sunshine. Is this a Ruby Throat?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here