Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just a feeder shot

Posted by mbrowne 9b Central CA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 15, 13 at 14:20

HI all. I've pretty much lost all my flowers due to freezing temps for a few nights last week. Thought I'd share a feeder shot from this morning:

Original Size

This creeping lantana made it through but took a lot of damage. Not sure why they like it -- it seems like a pretty dry plant. Maybe desperation :)

Original Size

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just a feeder shot

Beautiful shots! Lantana (L. camara) is the fav plant in my yard too, blooming 8-10 mos per year, depending on winter weather.

o

Beautiful pictures. Not "just a" at all :)

o

Awwwww wow! You folks are so lucky to see those beautiful little birds! They are great pics and the feeder pic shows how small they are. Our birds are so boring apart from the robin
Kind regards
Averil (uk)

o

Awwwww wow! You folks are so lucky to see those beautiful little birds! They are great pics and the feeder pic shows how small they are. Our birds are so boring apart from the robin
Kind regards
Averil (uk)

o

Another feeder shot :) There's some competition due to the oddly warm winter we're having. It's warm enough for the honeybees to be out, but not warm enough for their flowers. This is one brave hummingbird:

Original Size

o

Awesome shots- thx for sharing. I can't wait for Spring!

o

I've kept a feeder up this winter for a Rufous over-wintering here. Poor thing didn't have such a nice winter vacation this year, the blooms went to zero. Now I have rosemary and Carolina Jessamine blooming. But one possible migrant was checking out my plum tree the other day. "What, where's the Plum blooms?"
It was just hovering, looking, no blooms yet could see!

This post was edited by linda_tx8 on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 9:54

o

mbrowne

Great photos, looking forward to the spring here, wont see any hummers here till about the last week of april. I do prepare seedlings and overwinter cuttings for their expected arrival. I dont plant anything they cant use except for a few veggies for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hummingbird Garden Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here