Return to the Hybridizing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Impatiens hybrids

Posted by buddyzz none (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 13, 12 at 11:25

Hi,

Kinda new here. I'm from Indonesia. I love to cross impatiens.

here they are:

Impatiens walleriana x impatiens platypelata

darkest maroon.

frilly

folded leaves, like venus trap.

Enjoy. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Impatiens hybrids

• Posted by zenman Ottawa KS 5b (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 14, 12 at 10:37

Welcome to the forum. It has been kind of quiet here. You have created impressive interspecies hybrids. Do you then grow F2 generations from your F1 crosses to see the results of genetic recombination? Or are your F1 interspecies hybrids sterile?

ZM

o

Hi ZM,

Thank you. :)

Hmm.. I don't grow F2 from the interspesific (and I think I misspell the name, it suppose to be impatiens platypetala not platypelata) because the plant now are gone due to fungus. :(

I grow F2,F3 and so on with the walleriana which turns some hybrids are now turns to be sterile, but when cross again with the non-sterile they will turns to be some sterile and some not, and with more various color.

o

Hey Buddy--welcome! Could you email me (via my email above) and let me know if you have any impatiens species seeds that you might be willing to swap or trade for?

Thanks!

--Rick

o

Hey Buddy--welcome! Could you email me (via my email above) and let me know if you have any impatiens species seeds that you might be willing to swap or trade for?

Thanks!

--Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hybridizing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here