Return to the Hybridizing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help determing a TB Iris's name

Posted by Mariah.B 7a (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 18:06

Hello, I recently read and did some research about hybridizing irises and I've decide to try my hand at the hobby! I'm a huge fan of the flower and I've bought a few TB and BB irises that are already known such as Beverly Sills and Batiks. However, last year I was given some rhizomes by an aunt who lives in a rural town in NM. She has had the flowers for quite some time and had no clue what type of iris they were or the name for it. So I planted them last summer with no blooms but this spring the plant grew admirably large! The largest stock measuring up to 45" and all the stocks had great flower quantity and spacing. The blooms turned out to be a lovely opalescent white with light violet ripples at the haft. The beard itself is a vibrant yellow/orange. It doesn't have much frill at the edges and the petals are smooth. It really is a beautiful surprise!

unknown iris

So I know it's a TB for sure but my main question is has any one seen this Iris before? Does any one know the name? I've done a fair amount of research trying to find it and so fair I've found one that comes close. It's called English Cottage, please look it up on Google images and let me know if you think the similarities are a match!

I would like to know so I can research the grandparents for crossing purposes. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hybridizing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here