Return to the Hybridizing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone know a dog breeding forum like this one

Posted by farmfreedom (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 12:22

I have not found any on the web . There are new breeds of dogs being developed continuously like it or not. It would be nice if we could plan a breeding program on paper from past experience of others as we do here , because with dogs "I" can not eat my mistakes and culls.
Does anyone know of such a forum ?
please let me know
farmfreedom@hotmail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone know a dog breeding forum like this one

farmfreedom
try these
Dog Channel.com
http://forums.doghobbyist.com/forum.php?catid=23.

Blueangel

o
RE: anyone know a dog breeding forum like this one

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 23, 08 at 16:09

You can, and should be, planning breedings... if you're a breeder. The technology to look into the future of a breeding, and keep data on a breeding program, has been available since the advent of the computer! There are several programs on the market, but CompUped is, by far, the best and most accurate one available. It's not cheap, but as you say... you can't eat your culls. The program pays for itself in no time!

Any breeder that isn't crunching data before locking two dogs together cannot be called a breeder! It's important to know things beforehand, like the inbreeding coefficient, for example. Breed a pretty dog to a pretty dog, and all you get are puppies. You're not doing anything to further, or maintain, the breed of your choice.

Genetics are not a secret... the codes have been unlocked and understood since the late 1950's, so there's no excuse for not combining history, science and math... and producing top quality canines!

Knowledge is the key to success!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hybridizing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here