Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Billows Hydranga

Posted by basketcase1212 Tn. (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 17, 10 at 19:30

Does anyone know where I can Order a Blue Billows From this year?I seen one last summer on this forum ,But can't find now.Thanks Patricia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Billows Hydranga

You might check with HydrangeasPlus, as they usually have them. I'm not sure if they have updated their website for this year, but you can call (toll-free) or e-mail (link on website) them to determine if they will have them this year. I have always received prompt responses to any questions.
I have ordered from them for a number of years and always received superb service and excellent plants.

o

I saw them on the new white flower farm catalog. You can find it on their website. You can also try calling your local nurseries and see if they are going to carry it in the Spring or ask them if they can special order it for you.

I would love one but am waiting to see how my other three hydrangeas pull thru after the winter before I decide to purchase another winter high maintnance plant. Does anyone know if the billow would need to be caged in zone 6 like the Nikko?

o

I don't cage my Blue Billows anymore. I did in the beginning for a couple years, but now I don't and they've been fine. The weather hasn't harmed the buds any. I started caging initially because in Z5b, I was getting a healthy green shrub with no flowers. Either they've acclimated or I've been lucky, but they've been blooming profusely for me. I've read that in zone 6 and higher, they'll bloom fine, but while they'll survive the winter fine in zone 5, they might be a green shrub with no flowers unless protected. That was the case in the beginning (they are on the N side of my house with my Annabelles).

o

Thanks folks, I am going to be looking. I think it is time to order.Happy gardening for the coming year.Patricia

o

If you haven't already ordered, we've got them at Wilkerson Mill Gardens:

Here

As a disclaimer, I do work at WMG, so of course I've got a bit of a bias. Hope you find some good specimens no matter where they come from though; Blue Billow is a fantastic plant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here