Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lacecap ID?

Posted by mikebotann 8a SE of Seattle (mikebotann@gmail.com) on
Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 8:20

I picked this up for my wife a few years ago in the florist's area of our local supermarket. I didn't think it would be hardy, but I gave it a try nevertheless. It's done just fine for the last three years with no protection.
Florists are notorious for not labeling plants for sale. It would be nice if it could be identified. Amazingly, the colors are true!
Thank you.
Mike
Lacecap Hydrangea photo 004-3.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lacecap ID?

Reminds me of some of the Teller Hybrid Hydrangeas like Blaumeise

o

Thank you, Luis.
I should learn more about Hydrangeas.
I picked up a pink one in the florist dept. in a grocery store last year and don't know the name of it either. Maybe I can find a pic of it.
The only one I have with a name on it is 'Weiderspink', a beautiful blue lacecap. Here it is.

Mike
Lacecap Hydrangea, 'Weiderspink'. photo 1047358154036511179.jpg

o

Mike it looks it might be a Teller blue.

o

Those are really beautiful plants. Great deal for a
hydrangea from the super market, Mike.

o

Margaret, that comment reminded me of an incredibly nice looking purple lacecap that I once saw at a grocery store. Yes, a florist hydrangea with no tag but a generic tag saying 'Hydrangea'. Gee, really???? Ha!

At the time, I decided not to get it but I have since decided it may have been worth getting it nonetheless. Of course, at the time I was in Columbia, SC and bringing it home on a plane would have been a pain. And the shade of purple would have difficult or impossible to duplicate once planted on the ground. But I still remember the one that got away! Ha!.

o

Luis...guess what??? Just since reading Mike's post...
I know where I'm going after Easter Sunday. My Food
Lion stores will reduce their holiday plants on that Monday.
I never thought seriously about bringing them home either.
Oh well....here's hoping :). Besides, I just love a challenge
at growing plants. I'll call out the manager and make a deal.
LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here