Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planting Hydrangea Bulb that has sprouted

Posted by theitgirl21 Nevada (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 12:34

For Christmas I got a Hydrangea bulb in a box with a vase, it said put the bulb on top of the vase, fill it with water to the bottom of the bulb and keep it in a dark place until it sprouts two inches, then plant it. But it didnt explain how to plant it. So my bulb has about 2 inches of plant sprouting out the top and about 5 inches of roots coming out of the bottom. I planted in it my garden two days ago, but I think I did it wrong. I planted it so the top of the bulb was level with the ground, so the stalks are above the ground. Is this right? Should I dig it back up and plant it further underground? Should the stalks even be underground? Thank you. I dont know exactly what kind of hydrangea it is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planting Hydrangea Bulb that has sprouted

Hydrangeas don't grow from bulbs. Perhaps your gift was a Hyacinth?.....yg

o
RE: Planting Hydrangea Bulb that has sprouted

oh my. maybe it was. well I will look that up and see what it says about planting those.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here