Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone identify this Lacecap Hydrangea?

Posted by Naomijo 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 21:16

I dug this up at my sister's house because she was going to throw it away because it wouldn't bloom. It blooms faithfully for me, but I would love to know which one it is and I haven't been able to identify it by doing internet searches. It starts out white and then turns light pink and gets pinker as the season goes on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone identify this Lacecap Hydrangea?

Could it be Lanarth White or Veitchii White?

o

They look very similar. After reading up on Lanarth White and Veitchii White, it seems like they both stay white. The one in the picture turns from white to light pink to dark pink. It drives me crazy not know which one it is.

o

Hee hee hee. "They look similar." is so true with so many hydrangeas. I wish the leaves would ALSO be different because once the blooms disappear, they are difficult to distinguish.

By the way, I do not have Veitchii but had Lanarth once and it turned pink after, oh?, 3-4 weeks? As all hydrangeas do turn colors, I would expect Veitchii to do the same as well.

But do not feel so bad not knowing. I have one mophead that came with the house and the owner had no idea which variety it was. Then I bought another from Lowe's. It was supposed to be Nikko Blue and turned out to be a lacecap. Oh yeah, and a couple of hydrangeas are by the front door came with the house too. Unknown varieties too. Brother...

o

Well thank you so much luis_pr. I am going with Lanarth and I am not going to think about it any more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here