Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Info on little lime

Posted by tulips101 none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 7:04

I was thinking about putting 2 little lime hydrangeas or 2 little lambs in the front of my hoise im going to take out 5 evergreenns that have seen there better days.But the house is white and i was thinking little lime might be better contrast.
Would anyone have maybe some better ideas i would like to keep in the 5 foot range it getts a good amount of shade and faces north im in zone 5.
Im new at this maybe someone might even have better ideas about some flowering shrubs for this place it would be 2 on west side then 2 on east side with a cement porch in the middle.
Isure could use some help thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Info on little lime

Paniculatas do not need much shade -- in fact, they will grow better and produce heavier flowering if given a fair amount of sun (even full sun). Little Lime starts out green but eventually whitens and then turns pink. It does have a greater range of color than Little Lamb and will stay smaller, so perhaps a better choice.

What about a regular big leaf hydrange? These are far more desirous of a shadier location and most of the reblooming cultivars are fully hardy for your area without winter protection as well as offering much more intensely colored flowers. Many of these are also much more compact in habit than the non-rebloomers and can be more easily pruned to size anyway. Some to consider are H. macrophylla Endless Summer, Twist 'n Shout, Let's Dance Starlight, Mini Penny and Pistachio.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here