Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Attacked by the lawn mower

Posted by cherry67 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 9:48

So last year my husband bought what I believe was "Forever & Ever" and planted it in the front yard. Before he even put it in the yard it wasn't looking as healthy as it should, some of e leaves and flower seemed to be suffering from a fungus that was turning them brown. He apparently got sick of looking at it as it got pretty bad and to my dismay ran over it with the lawnmower. So now it's VERY low to the ground, but it does get some leaves trying to grow on it(no flowers yet). Should I expect it to grow to it's full potential, do you think it will ever recover? I am not very experienced with hydrangeas, but I did read they can be cut back, just not sure if being this extreme counts or not....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Attacked by the lawn mower

It may recover. Sounds like it may have suffered from Powdery Mildew and-or some watering issues. Many mopheads in your zone will have stems that dry out during winter and grow again from the base crown. The F&E Series are rebloomers so they could bloom much later this year.

o
RE: Attacked by the lawn mower

Thanks, I hope it recovers. I think I had pinpointed the fungus by looking at photos online, but I can't remember the name of it now. The changing temperatures have not been kind this spring I know that much. It will get a few leaves then they wilt from the cold, get a few more leaves and wilt again. I wish spring would make up its mind. :/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here