Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parupudi_gw

1st time with Hydrangea

parupudi
15 years ago

Hi,

I live in Houston,TX. I did get 4 Hydrangea's in a deal(White, Pink,Purple and Blue) last year. They came as small bare root plants in dormant condition and I planted them like way back in April.

Just when they are starting to show some real rapid growth, we had a hail here in Texas. No major damage was done except for the nice, big green leaves which were shredded.

I took them out after wards and planted them in big pot and see if that will help them grow better and quicker.

They just stayed small all winter quickly shredding off the remaining leaves but no new growth.

Though i should say, all 4 plants are still in tact with green leaves and stem. I applied fertilizer once like 2 weeks back. I now see a new growth in 2 of the plants.

I re-potted them yesterday to a smaller one as the bigger one was too big and i doubted if they were getting too much water.

Any suggestions to make these 4 plants live and bloom this year? I really want to see my hydrangea's bloom.

Should i consider planting them in soil instead of pot?

I don't want to do it now as i have just re-potted them.

The pot sits in front of my garage porch where there is sun in the morning till noon and then there will be shade(though the heat is still there as this is TX)

Please advice.

Thanks

Pavani

Comments (2)