Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ever heard of Sugar and Spice or Eye Candy hydrangeas?

Posted by prettypetals GA 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 22:26

Home Depot has them in here in Calhoun Ga zone 7 and I can't find a single thing on them. Ever heard of them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ever heard of Sugar and Spice or Eye Candy hydrangeas?

Lucky you, prettypetals. I went by HD either 1-2 weeks ago and there were no hydrangeas for sale yet. Lowes had some generic ones though called "Red hydrangea" (oh Lord, how original was that! Hee hee hee!). What seems to be the claim to fame of these two that you saw? Are they mopheads, lacecaps, paniculatas, etc? I looked on the internet and did not find info.

o

I'm sorry. They are mopheads!! They were still on racks packed up so I couldn't look at them to good. Plan on going back tomorrow to look again and if not unpacked yet I will do it myself like I've done plenty of times before!!!

o

I just bought a Sugar and Spice from HD. I called the nursery first and
they confirmed it was a re-bloomer.They did not give me
another name.
I've compared the flower with a Forever and Ever Together
I have in a pot and it seems to be the same. So that is what I think it is. Leaves look the same too.

o

Apparently HD is buying plants from growers who have licences to propagate, but is selling them under "made up" names. I'm amused they're not doing this in my area (yet).

A big fail for the confusion factor, though... *shakes head*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here