Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
whole bunch of hydrangea IDs (help?)

Posted by cricket82 5a IL (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 1:48

Hi! I've got a boat-load of hydrangea photos taken last summer, that a friend is trying to get identified for a garden walk in a few months. Unfortunately, many of them are sans flowers... (the botanist in me cringes!)... but we'd be happy with any input, to help us get the possibilities narrowed down. There are 15 images, total. I am posting this both on the Hydrangea board and the "Name that plant!" board.

Thanks for your help!!

Jenny

photo 1: (have been advised this looks like Annabelle)
 photo IMG_02582.jpg

photo 2:
 photo IMG_0262.jpg

photo 3:
 photo IMG_0257.jpg

photo 4:
 photo IMG_0268.jpg

photo 5:
 photo IMG_0278.jpg

photo 6:
 photo IMG_0277.jpg

photo 7:
 photo IMG_0282.jpg

photo 8:
 photo IMG_0273.jpg

photo 9:
 photo IMG_0272.jpg

photo 10:
 photo IMG_0275.jpg

photo 11:
 photo IMG_0274.jpg

photo 12:
 photo IMG_0279.jpg

photo 13:
 photo IMG_0266.jpg

photo 14:
 photo IMG_0264-1.jpg

photo 15:
 photo IMG_0259.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whole bunch of hydrangea IDs (help?)

3 looks like Annabelle too. 4 resembles Annabelle except the stems are very upright and not flopping; if not a cousin of Annebelle then consider H. paniculata Limelight (look for panicle form blooms if it is a paniculata). 6's panicle shaped blooms reminds of paniculatas (Limelight again). 12 looks like an oakleaf hydrangea. But I am not good doing this so let's see what others say.

o

9 is a Mac and 12 an oakleaf

o

Thanks so much, Luis and Rusty! That helps a great deal!

Anybody have any clues on photos 5 & 7? They seem pretty unique, but I haven't any idea of what either could be, other than noting some of the inflorescences on 7 have an elongated panicle shape.

Jenny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here