Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forever and Ever vs. Forever Pink - Are they the same hydrangea?

Posted by bellarosa z5a/IL (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 7, 06 at 13:30

Can someone tell me if the hydrangea 'Forever and Ever' is the same thing as 'Forever Pink'? My neighbor has 2 hydrangeas in full sun (facing East) and they bloomed so beautifully for her. Unfortunately, she does know what variety they are 'cause she didn't keep the tag. I'm wondering if they are hydrangea 'Forever and Ever'. Also, the reason I asked about 'Forever and Ever' being the same as 'Forever Pink' is because I just bought a 'Forever Pink'. This little plant already has what appears to be a bud - I can't wait. Now, I'm wondering if 'Forever Pink' is even hardy in my region - Zone 5a. Any clue? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forever and Ever vs. Forever Pink - Are they the same hydrang

As with almost all macrophyllas, (with the exception of Endless Summer and it's close relatives that bloom on new wood), Forever Pink is not reliably bud hardy below zone 6 without winter protection.....yg

o

Unfortunately, not the same plants. 'Forever and Ever Pink' (syn. Early Sensation) is one of the F&E series of hardy, reblooming macrophyllas that bloom on both old and new wood, like 'Endless Summer'. There is also a 'F&E Red' (syn. Red Sensation) and a F&E Double Pink. 'Forever Pink' is a very compact and early blooming cultivar, but as yg indicates, will not be bud hardy below zone 6.

o

I picked up the Forever and Ever hydrangea at Lowes last year by chance. Saw the tag advertise that it could bloom on old and new wood AND be hardy to zone 4 so I thought I'd give it a try. Just went outside and saw that it is leafing out. There are more leafs at the base, but the buds at the tips are fattening up! I definitely would like to get more F&Es. I did not know there are others in the series. Gardengal -- do you know if Lowes will be carrying them this season?

o

tmac - If you go to www.foreverhydrangea.com you can type in your zip code and it will show the retailers near you that will be have the Forever and Ever's. The Lowes near me are listed. Good Luck. They look beautiful. I'm going for the red. :)

o

WOW...that is good news for all of us here in the north....I am so looking forward to the new FE's. I picked up Forever and Ever at lowes on the discount table at the end of the season...didn't know anything about it but for the price I couldn't pass it up....it looks good and I can't wait to see it bloom.
I have checked the web site for locations where the new ones will be available....and with any luck will add a few more this year...Judy

o

I wonder if they have been as winter hardy as was claimed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here