Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vanilla strawberry hydrangeas in Charlotte, NC

Posted by babylou 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 16:43

Does anyone know of a nursery in or around Charlott, NC that sales vanilla strawberry hydrangeas? What mail order source would you recommend. I have to have one!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vanilla strawberry hydrangeas in Charlotte, NC

Great Garden Plants has them. I ordered mine from them. I was very impressed with my plant.

o

If you want size, call around your area. I believe 3 gallons run about 40 bucks.

I got one from GGP also last year and currently it's only about 2' tall and has about 5 branches. It should fill out in a few years.

o

Mine is 4 feet tall already!

o

Do your VS's turn magenta in the Fall?

o

My best source for Vanilla Strawberry is Jung Seed & Plants (Wisconsin) website. I've been doin' business with them for years:

www.jungseed.com

Pat

o

I got one last fall at Pike's in Ballantyne. They told me at that time that they were going to be the exclusive dealer in the area and I haven't seen them anywhere else. I was very excited to get it and can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pike's Nursery

o

Thanks for all the replies. Pike has a few but I think they are very small....maybe quart container. Will be next week before I can make it over that way. If they are out, I'll try one of the mail order sites.

o

A friend 'volunteered' to pick up the plants for me. Called Pike this AM and they are sold out. They were in 1 and 3 gallon containers. Not sure the first person I spoke with yesterday understood. Maybe they'll get more in later.... Thanks again, Judy

o

Do not give up, babylou. Talk to some nursery and ask them to order it for you. That's how I got mine. I called the nursery I like to buy from and they have not even heard of VS, but they ordered 10 and called me when plants were delivered. I had the first pick. So if one of their suppliers have VS, nursery will offer to order it for you. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here