Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new to these pretty things, few questions

Posted by novice_2009 zone 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 23, 09 at 19:45

I just bought a blue bell hydrangea, never had one before.
I have a moist, humus rich raised bed in front of the house. It gets a little afternoon sun, can it take it? Any other tips I'd really appreciate. Thanks!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new to these pretty things, few questions

You do not say where you live but, if you live in the northern half of the country then the answer is very likely yes. I have a relative who lives in Mass and her Nikko Blue gets a lot of sun from the western side of all places (1-4pm in the summer). It likes it there very much.

o
RE: new to these pretty things, few questions

Thanks! I live in southern Tenn. It is very humid and hot in summers. I have a raised bed to plant it in, but did a pH test it is way too alkaline. I'm going to add sulfur, but it needs to go in soon. It would get afternoon sun for about 3 hours or a little more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here