Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostaholic2

Incrediball

Hi, I haven't been on here in a long time. I know that like Invicibelle 'Spirit' Incrediball is quite new to the market. From what I've read, it's basically an Annabelle but with stronger stems. Is anyone growing this and have you found the claims to be true? Any info even if limited will be appreciated.

Comments (12)

• whaas_5a
    14 years ago

If this video is any implication of what to expect its definitely not for me. I can see it used in a naturalized situation in the middle.

Incrediball is the white version BTW.

Here is a link that might be useful: Invincibelle Spirit

• joannemb
    14 years ago

Here is another link, but I also would love to hear from people who actually have it in their garden. How does it really compare to Annabelle?

Looks awfully nice in this video though...

Here is a link that might be useful: incrediball

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I'm mainly interested in Incrediball, but was hoping to find somebody who has either grown or seen it in bloom themselves. I have to remove some shrubs including an Annabelle and am trying to decide if I should save a chunk of Annabelle to replant or replace with Incrediball. I do love my Annabelles but I could do without the flopping.

• goodhors
    13 years ago

Just got an Icrediball from Proven Winners at the local Meijers store nursery. Hoping it lives up to all the good remarks on here. Was $20, if anyone is looking for one. Plant looks fairly nice, had some spotting on leaves, but I figured it got cold in last weeks low temps. Plant leafing out is much ahead of my garden hydrangeas.

• hydrangeasnohio
    13 years ago

How big of container do it come in goodhors? 1 or 3 gallon probably?

• Ruth_MI
    13 years ago

Funny, I just got back from Meijer - I went for a few grocery items and also came home with a $20 Incrediball. The pot is 1.6 gallon.

I actually checked in here to see if anyone who has grown it has an update. Incrediball doesn't seem that it will be nearly as full at the bottom as Annabelle is, but of course only time will tell.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    13 years ago

The flowers themselves are also quite a bit larger than the typical Annabelle - almost too large, IMO. They look kind of deformed :-) But the stems do seem a lot sturdier. These are only on the plants we've brought into the nursery. I don't grow it myself as the enormous flowers are a bit too much.

• madeyna
    13 years ago

Its the extra large flowers I,m wanting it for. I have a wooded hillside area that flowers tend to get lost in because they are viewed from thirty or so feet away from the bottom of the driveway. The large flowers of incrediball should really pop there. If I ever find one its going to replace the white flowered rhodie I have there know.

• whaas_5a
    13 years ago

"almost too large, IMO. They look kind of deformed"

Thats what I thought when I say a video for Invincible Spirit! I bought one anyway, lol. I'm just curious to see if they actually get that big in my area.

• shorelinebabs
    13 years ago

I planted an Invincible Spirit in April 2010. It was a tiny little thing in a 1 gallon pot, but it has grown and is about 1 ft tall now. It initially flowered well. The blooms were bright pink. They had kind of a weird plastic look to them. I have a Pia Forever Pink, and they are about the same color, but the PFP does not have the wierd plastic look. The Invincible Spirit flowers got very, very large, and the branches could not support them. They were hitting the ground. They turned a pale pastel pink, and then were getting brownish in early July. This may be because we have had a severe drought this year in CT. I decided that the garden would look neater if I snipped off the flowers, and it did. I am hoping that next year the plant will be able to support the weight of the branches.

• shorelinebabs
    13 years ago

Thanks for all of the information on the Invincible Spirit. I think that the branches are not stong at all.

• juliebw
    12 years ago

I agree that the stems on this plant are thin/weak. They are floppy on my plant I purchased in the spring via mail, and they were floppy on the ones I later saw in a garden center. I hope they strengthen with age.