Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kentstar_gw

Here we go again!

kentstar
13 years ago

Another freeze warning for my area. Ugh! I covered the baby and hope she'll weather this stuff. lol

Comments (12)

• ostrich
    13 years ago

Oh lord, I am so tired.... I had a long day at work, came home just before 9pm, then I saw this severe weather warning message for a heavy frost.... DARN IT! I am so done with this... LOL

OK, now I will stop... thanks for letting me vent! LOL

• hydrangeasnohio
    13 years ago

Just got done running around the yard! The neighbors must think I am crazy! I hope this is the last time!

• melaroma
    13 years ago

It will be worth it when we see those gorgeous bloom though, won't it? I keep having to tell myself of that.

• hydrangeasnohio
    13 years ago

Wow, I was surprised to see no frost this morning. Guess I ran around for nothing. I covered tons of stuff other than just the hydrangeas.

• ostrich
    13 years ago

I know - no frost this morning!!! Mind you, we have yet ANOTHER FROST WARNING for tonight!!! Oh gosh, I am tired of these warnings... LOL

• melaroma
    13 years ago

Here we go again....

• melaroma
    13 years ago

Second night in a row with a frost warning and yet no frost. I guess I shouldn't complain and we just have one more week of possible frost, right? I sure hope so, I keep dreaming of frost damage which results in loss of sleep, haha. These darlings have a hold on me.

• madeyna
    13 years ago

I the live up above town and all the weather reports are for down low so everynight I have to go out and gage if its going to freeze or not. Lots of funny looking sheets covering my hydrangeas up here so I,m sure most of the neighbors know I,m nuts. It will be so worth it though when things do finally start to bloom. I bought lots of new ones last fall that I have never seen any flowers on so it should be a exciting year for me.

• melaroma
    13 years ago

Well, mine are staying covered until Monday morning since its in the low 30's here and the forecast is bad all the way till Sunday. Ugh! I'm soooo over this. I hope they don't get yellow and delicate for lack of sun.

• ostrich
    13 years ago

kentstar, hydrangeasnohio and everyone else from NE Ohio, I hope that you are all safe and well, after that horrendous severe thunderstorm and hail storm last night! Oh my goodness, I was terrified since I had never experienced a hail storm like this over the last 9+ years in the Cleveland area. Thank goodness we did not have a tornado, and that there did not seem to be too much damage. Well, we still have these gusty winds today so I really need to go and inspect more carefully before I say that I don't have any damage!!! Sigh...

BTW, we are supposed to get frost tomorrow night!!! Oh lord, I cannot believe that I am using that "F" word again.... unbelievable.... I will be sure to cover up my ES that is currently covered with buds.... SIGH!!!

• kentstar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I covered my hydrangea last night with a sheet to help it from the hail. I don't think we got any hail though. Actually ostrich, you are closer to the lake right? You got most of the bad weather. We got a bunch of rain last night, some wind, but nothing else. Today, it's just really, really windy, cold, and damp. Nasty out! I do wonder if I should cover tonight or just tomorrow night? Hopefully we don't go down that low! I'm getting tired of running out there to cover, uncover, etc... LOL

• ditas
    13 years ago

I guess 'tis my turn to run around like a beheaded chicken!!! Whew I just came back in from covering 12 *cauliflowered* Divas! I don't much worry about new-wood bloomers but most all my Serratas have budded up, as well as the old Nikko that we moved last Fall + the canes I split-pot layered & rooted Nik sticks ... just my luck!!!

After nearly 2 months of *Spring for the history books* here ... Mom's Day ... rule-of-thumb for our Divas' coming out party ... freeze advisory &&& our North border cities are getting snow!!! ... We just have to count our blessings - it'll just be for a day!