Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
little lime local dfw or online source

Posted by liz_p 8-Dallas, TX (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 21:42

Have you guys seen this one locally? Or what's your online source?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: little lime local dfw or online source

I saw LL at Redenta's in Arlington once, either last year or the one before that. On my last visit a few months ago, hydrangeas had not arrived so you may want to call ahead.

o

• Posted by liz_p 8-Dallas, TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 20:25

Awesome I live close to Arlington.

o

I just saw some LLs at Blooming Colors in Grapevine on the northbound lane of Hwy 26 near the intersection with TX 114. I saw the price and I thought I would remember it but, oops, I didn't remember. Sigh. ;o)

This post was edited by luis_pr on Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 16:46

o

• Posted by liz_p 8-Dallas, TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 19:07

Great I'll be in that area Tuesday. Redenta said they were out.

o

• Posted by Kachana Carrollton, TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 10, 14 at 14:21

I don't know if you are still looking for Little Lime, but I just bought one from Lowes in Carrollton this morning. They're about 2' tall in 1 Gal container, $11.98.
I'm a total hydrangea newbie, I don't even know where to plant this, along with the other 2 Ruby Slippers I got last week.

o

LL on the west (per your other post), Ruby Slippers on the east in part shade.

o

I am not sure what you said on the other post, but I would not put any hydrangea on the west side of anything here, paniculatas included. The sun is to ostrong now and the leaves do not perform well when we get a month of 100-degree weather or more. Look for a spot that gets shade starting around 11am to 12pm. I did have one Mac on the west side once with only 1-2 hours of sun but, I needed to water so much more that I ended moving it.

o

• Posted by Kachana Carrollton, TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 18:58

Thanks, Luis. I have not decided what to do with them yet. They're still in pots, sitting in the back of the house where they get morning sun, and after noon shade. From the look of them, they're quite happy there. I would plant them there, but my husband does not want to add a flower bed to a yard that is too small already :(

I'm in the process of studying the amount of sunlight my front yard is getting. Thank you for your suggestions.

Kachana

o

I understand. Due to the uncomfortable temperatures, I do not buy plants from mid-to-late May as it is stressful to plant under these conditions, let alone a water loving shrub like a hydrangea. In rare occasions when I breakdown, I also keep them in pots until cooler temps arrive in the Fall. You may be able to grow them in 18-24" containers too. They get 3-4' tall and maybe 4' wide; that is usually around the max for potted plants in my garden. Wider or taller and they will bump against other stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here