Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rgusrafs

Would like Limelight, but...

rgusrafs
12 years ago

I REALLY want to put a Limelight in a bed I created two years ago on the NW corner of my townhouse. The bed gets afternoon sun starting at about 1:30 or 2 pm. Is that enough sun for Limelight?

Also, the bed is smaller so once the hydrangea is more mature, I'd need to keep it more narrow -- like at about 4.5-5' around. It can get as tall as it likes, as I really want it to cover the eyesore that is the white downspout on my red bricks (thanks, condo association!) Will my hacking at the width be too much for it? I thought about Little Lime, but I really want the height...

I am also thinking of adding Limelights in full sun in an area that is currently covered with a ground cover of English Ivy. I am thinking I will carve out a bed, amend it slightly, and put a few in to create some privacy and drama as you come around the corner and into the garden in the SW corner of my condo.

Thoughts are much appreciated. I really want to stick with white/chartreuse-y flowers. I am a long-time annuals gardener, but I am branching out slowly. I am sure I will have a million more Qs as the weather continues to warm.

Thanks!

rgustafs

Comments (5)