Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Annabelle - online nursery recommendation?

Posted by kimcoco Zone 5, Wisconsin (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 15, 09 at 23:39

I purchased a couple of these early last year from an online vendor, but they were small, only 1 stem. They were healthy, but hardly grew last year. Then I saw pics of others' annabelle plantings last year, and they were purchased with multi stems. I was so jealous.

I want to order a couple more this year for my yard, but larger than the one stems I got last year, and wondering what online vendor you'd recommend for a larger, more mature plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Annabelle - online nursery recommendation?

Have you checked local nurseries? Their stock may go up as we closer to May and the danger of late frosts has passed in most locales.

o

Definitely agree with luis..the local nurseries should have the hydrangea in stock after the danger of late frosts...for my area in central Jersey - it's the second week of May...the local nurseries should get you a very healthy size plant..if you are really really really rushing and want to have one now - go for a place like Sooner Plant Farms (go for their 3-yr old plants)..the shipping cost for a big plant like that will be significant...but that's the cost you pay for not waiting the local stock...another place I have good experience with online purchases is Hydrangea Plus...very healthy size plants and cheaper in shipping because they dig out the rootball and ship that to yoo w/o the gallon pots (you will need to put the plant into the ground or the container immediately)...Annabelle should tolerate the cold winter in your zone...it is a reliable performer for my garden for the last 5 yrs...while you at it, the new Annabelle - Incrediball is very short supply and high demand this yr...this is one of those plants you can get in a few places only and being sold in small trade gallon size pots (with one or two stems)...if you nurse them well, they could put on quite a show for you in 2010.

o

I saw these at Steins today in Kenosha. They also have stores in Racine & Milwaukee area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here