Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Penny Mac and Endless Summer- Blooming Beautifully!

Posted by blondegardener 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 11 at 23:55

I hate to brag but....the Penny Mac hydrangea and 2 Endless Summer hydrangeas I bought just 3 weeks ago are blooming so beautifully! I had to share. :)

3 Weeks Ago
Photobucket

Today
Photobucket

Endless Summer
Photobucket

Penny Mac
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Penny Mac and Endless Summer- Blooming Beautifully!

Wow! Nice plants and nice pictures, blondegardener! They do appear to be close to each other on the pictures though..... but I cannot tell for sure. A distance of about 3' or more should be ok for these big plants (6' or so). How did the camellia do? Did you get pictures of those blooms too?

o

They are beatiful. I am going to cheat this spring and buy a few already up because we are having the second coldest and wettest spring on record. Last year was the record coldest so I had to do the same thing then . Its either that or wait until july for blooms. I want to look out the window and see some beatiful blooms like yours;)

o

Thank you! Luis, they are about 2ft from each other base to base. I wanted them a bit closer than normal because we're only growing them to about 3.5-4ft high. I don't want to cover the window in the front but would rather have them come up a foot or so from the bottom so we can enjoy the view from inside. These are in full bloom now as I'm writing this and will share more pics soon! :)

As for the Camellia, I only have one pic of a bloom that fell off as we've had a very odd flip flopping of weather recently! This went in the ground right before the hydrangeas so I'm looking forward to seeing this grow as it gets cooler out. :) After seeing this, I can't wait!

Photobucket

o

I know this is a super old thread but... I've been wondering... have you noticed much difference between the Endless summer and Penny Mac? Does one bloom darker / more vibrant than the other? Bigger blooms?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here