Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vanvir_gw

Help for reviving my 'you&me' Hydrangea

vanvir
13 years ago

Hi All,

I have been following this forum and I always get the answers from this forum. Thank you.

I hope anyone can help me to revive my 'you & me' hydrangea. More detailed of this type can be found on this link: www.pma.com.au/fact_files/h%20you%20&%20me%20fs.pdf.

I am living in Sydney and now it's almost winter (the coldest may up to 7 Celcius)

Last year, I bought this lovely hydrangea plant when it was fully bloomed and healthy from local nursery. On the same day I straight away planted it to my garden on the afternoon and it was summer.

I realize it since then, the plant gets worse. It started wilt,lose the leaves and dried the flowers within a week. Until at some point it left only with some leaves on the braches. So I cut the top branch a bit and started watering more often than usual and it's getting a bit better and I could see some small leaves coming out.

Unfortunately, I have to go overseas for about 3 weeks which I have to leave my garden including my hydrangea.By the time I come back to see it, it had only about 5 small brownies crispy leaves left and all the branches turned brown. I quickly move its spot since I thought might be it's too much sunlight (I assume it might get sunlight around 8hrs).

I quickly do watering and ask local nursering what to do and they recommend me to buy this 'Seasoil Seaweed Concentrate' + 'Powerfeed fish concentrate' as they said it stimulates root development and promotes health growth in all plants.

So I applied these and it got better but the winter starts and the plant got worse again which currently nothing left only brown branches and no leaf buds come out like other hydrangeas as I have other (not sure what type) and it lost lots leaves and started having leaves buds. So a week ago I decided to put it back to the pot and inside the house so I can look after it carefully and later put it back outside once it's reviving.

Any recommendation on what I should do to make sure I am not losing this lovely hydrangea? I would love to see it blooms again like before. Thank you.

Comment (1)