Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mehearty

Has anyone seen Ostrich?

mehearty
12 years ago

He should be excited about his hydrangea's waking up by now.

Comments (9)

• luis_pr
    12 years ago

No, I have not noticed any posts so far either but I was reading an old one that, at the time, made me wonder. Another person that has been missing for more than a year or two is yellowgirl in Orlando. Hope they are all ok.

• mehearty
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thak you for responding Luis. I also noticed Ego45 hasn't been around. =( I hope all 3 are well.

• ditas
    12 years ago

Have been wondering as well ~ he was hinting on moving away from his beautiful place sometime ago & decided to stay put ~ wonder if he did this time? George (Ego45) is another one I haven't read any posts from ~ has anyone?

We were discussing what to do w/ LL ~ was the last long thread I followed. I emailed Marshall (margpag) inquiring about the 20++ LLs he planted around an OH Library flagpole & he responded.

I finally pruned my LL to 18" to see what creature he'd turn out ~ he is just now sporting tiny greens from those thick canes!

FWIW

• mehearty
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I hope they're all OK. I don't think anyone loves hydrangea quite as much as those folks. You're pretty close though, Ditas! =)

• melaroma
    12 years ago

They might be busy in the garden at this time of the year. Although, It's been more than a year since I've seen anything from George.

• mehearty
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well I heard back from Ostrich. =) His email went to my spam folder, so I missed it last week. He's moved to Canada and is very busy right now. I bet he'll check in when he can.

• ditas
    12 years ago

Yeah-hay finally ~ one of us did!!! Did he say where in Canada I have relatives there in diff places ~ Alta to Vancouver!

• mehearty
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No he didn't, but I was able to contact him through his page here if you want to give it a try.

I knew he was planning to move at some point, but now that he has, I can't help but wonder if the new people in his house appreciate his hydrangeas.

• ostrich
    11 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am still here!!!

I moved all the way from Cleveland, OH, to Calgary in Canada last year! It has been pretty stressful with the big move and the new job, as you can imagine, hence my absence on the board. I miss you all. Now I finally moved into my new house, and am planning to start the landscaping this year!

Guess what? It's zone 3 here!!! Ouch.... sadly, no more macrophyllas for me.... sigh! Even some paniculatas are not hardy enough for this place. Isn't it unreal?!

Anyway, it's great to be back. I will now just have to enjoy all of your beautiful macrophyllas through this site! :-)