Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I find Tosa Ryokufu?

Posted by gardennatlanta z7atlantaGA (My Page) on
Thu, May 21, 09 at 9:43

I saw a picture of a very unusual looking hydrangea serrata called Tosa Ryokufu. Does anyone know of a place where I can order one?

Thanks. Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I find Tosa Ryokufu?

I only saw Canadian nurseries offering it. You may want to call nurseries to see if any has in stock and is not advertising it. Low stock plants may not appear in Internet listings and might only be available to local customers until the inventory grows enough to handle the large volume of Internet orders. Another possibility is to ask a local nursery to special order for you or ask a large hydrangea nursery if they would special order for you. Be prepared to pay extra for low volume shrubs though. I could not tell if it has a patent pending but if it does not, you can also try to see if someone already has one and can trade with you (check the Plant Exchange Forum).

o

I forgot to mention that some -not all- nurseries in Canada can apply for USDA permits that allow them to ship certain plants to the states. If the ones that advertise this hydrangea in the Internet can do this, order it directly through them. Be aware that your credit card company will charge you something for converting US Dollars into Canadian Dollars too.

o

This Hydrangea was once offered for sale by Gardensoyvey (Arlington, TN), but is not a current offering on their website.
You might contact them, to determine if they have a few in stock, if not, if they would consider propagating one (or more) for you. They are really nice people to deal with and one of Dave's GardenWatchDog's Watchdog30 companies.
Rb

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardensoyvey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here