Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hydrandearukie

Nikko Blue planting location. Need advice. Thanks.

hydrandearukie
9 years ago

I live in zip code MD 20906, zone 7a. I bought two nikko blue hydrangeas(2 Gal) from local Home Depot, and planted them in my frond yard a couple of weeks ago. I'm new to gardening and didn't research before planted hydrangeas, which is stupid..I just read the small piece of instruction that came with the pot, which says "full sun, at least 6 hours a day". So I thought my front yard, facing southeast, is fine, but after some research online, I started to worry if it gets too much sun.

Around this time of the year (late May), the location where my nikko blue are planted gets full sun from 7am to 4pm...there is no shade around it...I planted them a couple of weeks ago, and have been watering them everyday. They seem doing alright for now. I'm just wondering if I need to move them to a shaded location because I'm a little worried about the summer sun...

I live in a townhouse so only have two other locations to consider, both are facing southwest; one gets full sun from 10am to 3:30PM, no filterted shade around, the other from 11am to 2pm, may get a little filtered sun from neighbor's tree after 2pm to 3pm.

Do you think I should move the hydrangeas to one of other locations? Thanks much for your help!

Comments (2)