Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fletchccc

Boxwoods and Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangeas...

fletchccc
12 years ago

I bought a new house on a golf course with a great view. The only issue is that the idiotic Utility companies (all lines are burried) placed their access boxes in the dead center of the back property line. Thus, the previous owner planted a couple of Yew bushes there blocking the view. One of the Yews died and is brown. I also don't really like Yew bushes.

To paint you a picture, I have about 150 linear feet of property line on the course and the view is unobstructed other than this bush.

My plan is to pull up the Yew bushes, plant some mature boxwoods to block the view of the electrical boxes (they are about 3-4 feet high and only about 3 feet wide) and then plant 3-5 Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangeas in front of the boxwods...

The purpose of the boxwoods would be to provide a screen in the winter time. Theoretically, in the blooming months, the Hydrangeas would prevent you from even seeing the boxwoods...

Phew..... SO! What are your thoughts on this?? boxwoods behind the Hydrangeas pruned narrowly? I have five (5) 5 gallon Hydrangeas on hold at the local Nursery here...

Something like this:

-=property line

B=proposed boxwoods

I=Utility

H=Hydrangeas

---------------BIIB-----------------------------------

BBBB

H H H

or add the other 2 H's flanking the 4 B's in the middle row... Too much? I think 3 may be enough...

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!