Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mehearty

Design Ideas - Have some to share?

mehearty
12 years ago

I was just thinking about a lovely garden I saw in Salem MA a few years ago. It's part of a private residence, so I'm not sure it's OK to post a pic. But let's see if I can describe it.

The yard was rectangular and not terribly large. On the outer 4 feet surrounding the yard were the beds, a short stone fence sat behind the plants. It was a stunning garden of nothing more than a lovely variety of conifers and blue hydrangeas (probably Nikko). Everything appeared to be arranged formally with the hydrangeas placed in between conifers (not every other, there were 3 different conifers then one hydrangea, repeated all the way around the yard). There were no other flowers or colors, just the various greens of the conifers and the beautiful blue flowers. It made for a spectacular display.

I filed it in the back of mind, because I'd love to have the gutts to do something similar some day. Of course being even higher up than Salem, it would be a massive risk to ensure those hydrangeas bloomed. But oh how I would love to just sit and stare in that garden.