Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shipments of F&E 'Peace' arriving at Kmarts

Posted by Springwood_Gardens 6B Pittsburgh (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 16:49

FYI: Mis-labeled Forever & Ever Peace (white double) hydrangeas are now arriving at Kmarts, in the larger (2.25-gal) pots for $24.95.

I stopped at one today and checked out a freshly unloaded rack that was still wrapped. The tags indicate F&E (original) and show the colored mophead picture, but when you look on the front of "page 2" of the tag, there is a sticker on it that reads:

F&E assorted
SKU #######
PEACE WHITE

The leaves are also glossy bright green and elongated, which are definitely NOT F&E Original, as those leaves would be flat medium green, wider, and shorter.

So if you wanted to try Peace, now's a good of a chance as any... Large, healthy plants!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shipments of F&E 'Peace' arriving at Kmarts

I went to Lowes and HD last weekend and there was nothing "new", just a few unsold Merritt Supremes so it is good to know they are getting more shipments! They usually receive a 2nd batch of hydrangeas in May here.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Tue, May 7, 13 at 20:29

o

Luis, I'm glad you are saying that. That is also what Lowes told me: that they will receive another shipment of hydrangeas in May/June. Yay!

Thanks to the original poster - I will check my local KMart.

Carol in Jacksonville

o

Lowe's is disappointing this year so far. Aside from getting my first Blue Heaven #3 pot for $15 with *minor* freeze damage to upper foliage, I haven't seen much worth getting. AND... Their #3 F&E's are now $34.95, which is $10 more than last year!

But.. I've been to 3 different Kmarts now, and they all have #3 Peace now. I decided to pick one up to replace a failed test specimen (one of two Merritt's).

Ball Hort says "blooms on old wood first and then on current year's growth". So far this is following suit as it has about a dozen small buds on stems originating from old wood.

So here it is:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here