Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hokierustywilliamsbu

Big Daddy

After years Big Daddy is beginning to show substantial buds. It is even later than Ayesha! Looking foreward to the show as have waited 3 years for a display.

Comments (4)

• luis_pr
    10 years ago

Wow, 3 years! how did you get it? Was a big plant in a 1 or 5 gallon pot? Mail order purchase?

I have been thinking of getting Ayesha now and then. Can I ask you two questions?

(1) Are you suggesting that Ayesha is a late bloomer for you?

(2) Does it rebloom for you? I was talking to a nursery that classidied it as a rebloomer. They called it a light rebloomer in places with a long growing season.... hmmm, ooookayyyyyy... they said that if you deadhead after the blooms fade over there, one might get a moderate rebloom in the Fall.

• hokierustywilliamsbu
    Original Author
    10 years ago

both were 3 gal and both are about 5 by 4. yes both are only nickle size bud or less and are far behind others now beginnig to bloom here. We had a cold wet Spring so everything is about 2 weeks late. My Ayesha was a Lowes rescue several years ago and this will be its first big bloom in 3 years-last year maybe 6-7 blooms. It and Bid Daddy are always last,maybe it is the shiny leaves they both have!!! Have rooted about 4 new Ayesha from the mother.

• luis_pr
    10 years ago

Definitely wishing you good bloomage with both this year! Take pics if they do well.

• hokierustywilliamsbu
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Will do if I can figure how to post!,!

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals