Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fertilizing??

Posted by queenbee_1 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 19:25

My hydrangeas are all FULL of small buds. I have never fertilized them and thought that might help since my soil isn't so great.. They are all at least 4yrs and some are still very small... I have Holly Tone (says it's for Hydrangeas, also)... Will they 'pout' IF I use some HT now?? Will the blooms drop? Any thing else I need to add??? Thanks..QB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fertilizing??

I have many different hydrangeas - paniculas, mopheads, lace caps, oakleaf. I never fertilize them at all and they do fine every year. You've got to be extra cautious fertilizing hydrangeas; in my opinion they don't need it. Maybe I am just lucky...

o

Mine are very small also, and I have four Endless Summers, all different sizes. Some of them have hardly grown at all, and there is no rhyme or reason. Maybe someone on here can provide us with an answer and some help!

o

I've always fertilized my mopheads and they are fine. Surviving the winter is a whole other story. LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here