Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't decide...Q, P or M?

Posted by whaas 5a Milwaukee (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 10 at 19:33

Exposure...east/southeast
Location...under bay window in front yard, very prominent.
What else...in between boxwood and Meidiland white rose

What I like and and don't like...
'Ticked Pink' leafs out early, but no fall color
'Pee Wee' may look informal/awkward early, may lose buds during some winters, but has fall color and cool foilage
'Twist n Shout' leafs out late (assuming it will die back every year), but has fall color

Any suggestions? The Paniculata seems to be the best choice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't decide...Q, P or M?

If you can get only one, my choice would be either Pee Wee or Tickled Pink. Twist and Shout is always going to struggle a little in your area. I'm assuming you want a smaller paniculata and not something like Limelight (or maybe you already have Limelight). I'm trying a new dwarf paniculta this year called 'Lil Lime' from Wayside. The blooms are full like Limelight's. However, you may prefer the airy, light blooms like Pee Wee and Tickled Pink, but I like the filled out blooms.

Here is a link that might be useful: All About Hydrangeas

o

• Posted by ditas z4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Fri, May 14, 10 at 11:28

I vote for TP (no experience yet-just planted) dried blooms waving & *gamboling* ('luv the word!) in Winter breeze!

*'Tickled Pink' leafs out early, but no fall color*

Beats my front planted-encaged Serratas/laced w/ fake garland of holly!!! LOL

o

little lamb is also good

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here