Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blushing Bride

Posted by percival46 zone6 NJ (My Page) on
Thu, May 21, 09 at 19:47

I have a two year old Blushing Bride which I love. I bought two additional ones and the leaves on the new ones are a much deeper green than my existing one. The one I have is doing very well otherwise and has many buds on it, but I am concerned that perhaps it is missing some nutrient and therefore the leaves are not as green as they should be. Is there some fertilizer that I should be adding? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blushing Bride

Nitrogen fertilizer makes the foliage green. The more you apply, the greener the foliage, but don't expect to see many blooms. All of the plant's energy is being used to promote green growth, not flowers.
If your existing one has many flower buds, and you prefer flowers, rather than a green shrub, adding a layer of compost around the plant once or twice a year, spring and/or fall. is all that's necessary for a healthy plant.
The one's you recently purchased, were probably fertilized to produce lush green foliage, which would attract shoppers.
Rb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here