Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lace Cap hydrangea with reddish stems

Posted by abykat Georgia (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 21:10

My daughter has a lace cap of some sort with dark reddish stems can anyone tell me what variety it might be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lace Cap hydrangea with reddish stems

Sounds like Hydrangea macrophylla Lady In Red; see the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydrangea LIR

o

Could be Endless Summer Twist 'n Shout as well, which is very red-tinged (it's a hybrid of LIR and Penny Mac)...

o

I have one with red stems and green leafs called "Oregon Pride" by the nursery that sold it to me. Al

o

Oh, yes. I remember that one now. It is a sport of Merrit Supreme, no? How do you like it, Al?

o

I have all three-the lacecaps both ts and lir are monsters and have gotten large-Op is also very nice but not as big a plant

o

Very interesting observation. All three are advertised as up to 5' (height and width) but ts and lir were actually described as between 3' and 5' wide and tall!

What size have they gotten to in your garden?

o

Oregon Pride was purchased from Joy Creek, an Oregon nursery. Of the three Hydrangea from Joy Creek, this is the strongest grower. It is in a 14 inch container of gritty mix in its second year. I plan on planting it in the garden in the fall. AL

o

lir is 5 and ahalf by 5 and 5 years old but in a great spot as a es nearby is 6 by 5. TS is 2 years old and 4 by 4 already while op is 3 years ols and 4 by 2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here