Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangeasnohio

FE Fantasia in NE Ohio?

hydrangeasnohio
11 years ago

If anyone could let me know if they see Forever & Ever Fantasia for sale I would appreciate it. I have checked 3 Lowes with no luck. I live in Summit County and frequently travel in the area. For example Tuesday I will be in the Youngstown area and in the near future up by the Lake in Geauga County. I will try no matter what to stop at a Lowes somewhere along the way there or back. I dont feel like being upset at Lowes employees who send me on wild goose chases. Rather someone on here point me in the right direction or try my luck at random.

Comments (16)

• luis_pr
    11 years ago

I thought I left you a post with a link to the F&E Website so you could check small to medium sized nurseries that might also sell Fantasia in your neck of the woods but I must have imagined it. I saw quite of few Fantasias for sale down here at Lowes on Saturday. At least a dozen! Lowes seems to be having trouble getting merchandise where it can be sold. Someone else in Kansas had difficulty getting F&E Togethers (I also saw oodles of that one here) and she drove all the way to Oklahoma.

• whiteforest
    11 years ago

We ought to do a swap. I can't find Together either, but I have seen Fantasia in my area.

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lol...Every Lowes I have went to has Togethers. Actually 1st year I have noticed Endless Summers in Lowes. One had 3 gallon nice looking TwistnShouts.

When I use the FE search it will only show the closest 5 vendors to my zip code. Which are all Lowes. Might have to start typing in other zip codes...lol

• hokierustywilliamsbu
    11 years ago

they are in all the Lowes here in Easterna and Central Virginia

• October_Gardens
    11 years ago

I'm glad to see they're making their way out there at least. I don't think people will be disappointed. Mine has only grown slowly so far; it only has 2 buds so far and is about 1x1'. All we need are fewer Spring frosts!

• bfly8
    11 years ago

Saw 3 of them at Lowes in Lorain on Oak Point Road today....$12.95 each. Not sure if you plan on being in the neighborhood though.

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hmmmmm, I might have to come up with an excuse Friday to go to Lorain...lol..Checked and is an hour drive for me. Will be checking out another Lowes Today close to me. Thanks bfly8 for the info!!!

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The Lowes today only had 8 FE's left in 1 gallons. 7 Togethers and 1 Summer Lace. But huge healthy plants for 1 gallons. Must be why they are almost sold out. Had regular ES in 3 gallons, but the FE's looked better for half the price.

• bfly8
    11 years ago

Might want to hold off on that Lorain trip or call first. My mom says they are gone now. Just a bunch of ES and a noname FE left.

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow, thanks again they are going quick in our area.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    11 years ago

You know when I am looking for a particular plant I ask our local Home Depot and their garden dept can let you know if they can get it sent to your local Home Depot. I would think Lowes could do the same. I have even called the nursery that ships them plants to check on their inventory and they asked me what I needed and sent that plant to my local store. Yes I am plant crazy and would love to have Fantasia too. Good Luck, Judy

• bfly8
    11 years ago

I don't know if you are still looking for the Fantasia, but I saw a whole batch of them at the Dubois, PA Lowes. I know you said you travel frequently, but I'm not sure if you make it that far out. If I had known for sure, I would have picked one up for you and brought it back to NE Ohio. They do charge a couple of dollars more for FE further east of OH it seems.

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have called the big box stores before in my area and have been sent on wild goose chases...lol...So I have been scorn. Thanks Bfly8 for the info I am still looking for one, but I rarely cross the border...lol. Most Lowes I have went to seem pretty picked over, but I am sure I will find one eventually. Gives me an excuse to look around. Went to a garden center I usually dont go to today to try my luck. Couldnt walk out with nothing so I picked up a 'HotLine' Oriental Lily.

• October_Gardens
    11 years ago

Fantasia seem to have now made it to my area, along with Red and Blue Heaven (once again no blooms on the Red lol). All 2-gallons too. They range in size and health, so be careful as usual. Often times you can find a healthier 1-gal F&E than the larger size!

Also, I've seen Lowe's put the "crappier" looking ones on clearance. There was a 2-gal Peppermint that was still in the process of blooming (20 blooms), and I got it for $5(!), I guess because half of the stems were flopped laterally (solution: fence).

• hydrangeasnohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love the "crappy bin" lol...Bet close to half of my plants have came from it. My Peppermint came from the clearance rack also. Bought it and 2 Annabelles in 1 gallon pots looking sad in 1 trip for $1.50 each in Fall. All 3 are doing great! Off the top of my head I cant think of anything I have bought from the clearance bin that didnt look good the following year.

I wouldnt buy a Red in a 2 gallon pot with no blooms for 50 cents and waste my time...lol...Gave my neighbor one of my Reds I dug up in a nice pot and all with instructions how to over winter it. I have hit my limit on hydrangeas in pots to over winter...lol

• bfly8
    11 years ago

Many of my plants too have come from the section labeled "a precios reducidos," which I guess means for reduced price or something like that. As long as you can stand the look of an ugly plant for a year, you can come out way ahead in the long run.

I too have reached my limit for pots in the winter. My solution last year was to create a hydrangea bunk bed type of set up. Got 15 more plants in that way. Not sure if a triple bunk bed will work, but I may try this winter.