Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think I got buds on Blue Heaven! pics

Posted by kentstar 5b, NE Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 10 at 22:36

This is my first hydrangea, Blue Heaven. Are these what could be buds? There are several all over the bush. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think I got buds on Blue Heaven! pics

Wow, I love how lush and green it looks! Is that from the Forever and Ever series?

o

Yes, and are those buds?

Thankyou!

Cathy

o

Hey Kentstar,

Hey your Blue Heaven looks better than most of mine! You will have buds soon, although it does not look like you have any showing yet! Some of my rebloomers are showing buds other than my Blue Heavens. I will try to snap some pics today to show you what the buds look like.

o

Thankyou hydrangeasnohio! I'm so new to those, I don't know what I'm looking at I guess lol.
I'm really happy with the overwintering results so far. Now, to see how it blooms.

o

Yea your Blue Heaven looks to have basically no die back. My 4 BH's died back to the halfway point or a little worse. I do not winter protect them. I really had to look hard but found one little bud on one of my BH's. Here is the pic of it

Photobucket

Here are a few other pics of some better buds on other reblooming hydrangeas in my yard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I think I saw a couple underneath those little leaf nubs. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow lol.

Thankyou for the pics!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here