Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
enziandom

Posted by lisahloo z6 ma (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 22:54

Hi all,

What do you think -- will Enziandom survive (and occasionally, at least) bloom in my zone? My site is z 6, probably the lower end in this particular part of my yard, and fairly shady. I'm around 10 miles from the coast, so I don't think I benefit from any true coastal warming, although we get less of the surprise frosts than neighbors 5 miles further inland. We do, however, have great temp fluctuations occasionally, particularly in spring (where a high of 90 one day and a low near 30 in the next day or two is not unheard of).

How about Blue Billows?

Thanks,
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: enziandom

I am frequently amazed by stories of happy hydrangeas in colder climates than my own. If you keep your eye on the weather, and give them some winter protection for the hardest cold snaps, I bet either (or both) would do just fine. I think the biggest concern might be just how shady your fairly shady spot is- but all in all, I say go for it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here