Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teddychicago

small yelllow leaves near base?

teddychicago
13 years ago

Hi, I am a new gardener and new to this forum. I hope someone can help me!

I planted 3 Invincibelles in a north to south shady row (3 gallon pots from a nursery) several weeks ago. Plenty of space between each. They were roughly the same size when I planted them.

The northern most and middle plant are in the shade most of the day. The southern most plant gets a few hours of morning and midday sun, then shade the rest of the day.

I have noticed that the northern most plant is smallest, the middle plant is medium size, and the southern plant has grown the most.

BUT.. the southern plant has yellowing leaves inside, near the base of the plant. Small, new looking leaves. And all the leaves generally look wilty-er. The other two plants do not have yellow leaves and always look robust.

What am I doing wrong? Am I watering the southern plant too much? I give all the plants the same amount of water roughly and the other two look better. Is the southern plant getting too much sun? He's the tallest. In fact, the other two are bending toward him because that's where the sunlight is.

There are blooms on all the branches. That gives me hope that I am doing something right, eh? Because they didn't have them when I bought them last month. Any advice is greatly appreciated! thanks :)

Comments (3)