Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvahydrangea

What's wrong with my hydrangeas?

luvahydrangea
17 years ago

I'm having some problems with a few of my hydrangeas. I'm mostly worried about my Oakleaf. It was so huge and healthy last year and now it has almost no leaves or flowers. It was doing poorly all of the sudden, then I moved it, bad idea. My 3 year old even says, "it looks sad." I see some new growth down at the bottom of the plant. Any suggestions? I'm actually considering hacking it down to the new growth and starting from scratch.

In addition, my Ayesha and my Nigra both have yellow leaves and black spots. I saw some critter trying to pull leaves together and then I found two leaves that had been fused together and there was some kind of egg sack. Do you think that could be the cause? Is this a pest I should look for and try to remove? Or is it just some benign creature who happened to stumble across my hydrangea?

I haven't really done anything to the oakleaf except water it since moving it. The Ayesha and Nigra, I've given some composted manure, but nothing else. Any suggestions or ideas on what it could be? Should I be doing anything?

I included a link to a slideshow of some pictures, I hope it works. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow of Hydrangeas

Comments (3)