Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edufrin

Moving dilema

edufrin
14 years ago

I've just recently put my house on the market and my realtor asked me a question that has been bugging me for days... "Do I want to reserve any of your plants?" At the time I said "no" but now I'm having second thoughts about my Limelight, my first gardening purchase in my very first garden and it is about 2-3 feet around with lots of little green branches. I live in Michigan now but plan on moving to Texas, would a move in a pot hurt my hydrangea? If I dug it up I would do it now so that the prospective new owners wouldn't even know what they'd be missing. Is it dangerous to dig up and keep in a pot (for a few months probably) as it prepares to flower? It would be relatively simple to dig as I just planted it last spring in a raised bed. Has anyone out there ever done this or have any advise for me?

I'm struggling with that old Chinese proverb of the two women fighting over the child and the true mother gives him up so that she doesn't hurt him. I don't want to kill my hydrangea when it could do better just left alone. =P

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz