Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Annabelle and Blushing Bride

Posted by nanacon MA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 11, 10 at 8:37

Perhaps someone can shed some light on why these plants seem to have strange colors.

Last year my Annabelle was covered with beautiful white flowers. This years the flowers seem to have a blue edging as they are starting to bloom.

Blushing Bride is beginning to bloom a lime green color. Last year the flowers weren't the soft pink they were supposed to be, probably because I didn't check the PH on the soil. They ended up sort of a light purple color. My fault on that one.

Thanks if anyone can help. Both plants seem very happy where they're living and are covered with buds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Annabelle and Blushing Bride

I can't speak to Annabelles since I do not have any. I do have 2 BB's. They will not be pure white as the flowers age. They start lime green, then white, then a pink/purple/blue tint. They can have a blue tint instead of pink in acidic soil. Sounds like yours in moving towards the blue end of the spectrum.

o

I've been growing Annabelle for years and have never seen any bluish shades on it. Are you sure yours wasn't mislabeled?

Fortunately, hydrangeas are so lovely that even the mislabeled ones can't truly be considered "mistakes," can they!

o

It's definitely an Annabelle. It's been covered with beautiful white flowers for two years now.
This is the first time I've seen the blue on it. That's what is so confusing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here