Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with planting

Posted by treasureforu NC 7 (treasureforu@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Jun 15, 09 at 10:52

I don't know where my brain was when I planted my hydrangeas a few weeks a go. I didn't think about spacing much at all. I need advice on what to do now. How far do I need the plants from obstables like walls? How far apart do my plants need to be? I know it might vary a bit by type but some general info would still help me. Also, I planted two hydrangea together like they were one plant so do I need to seperate them? Do I move them now or do I wait until fall or next spring? They are doing well where they are now but now they have small root systems that would be easy to deal with so what do I do now? HELPPPPP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with planting

What did the label say was the mature size of the plant? That will give you an idea of how far from structures and other plants. ie. if it says 6'wide than it should be about 3 feet from the wall. Easiest (for me) spacing between plants is: width of both plants added together and divided in half.

If it were me.. I would definitely move the two planted together and any others that are too close to each other or structures now. Good Luck

Alexis

o
RE: Help with planting

Thanks Alexis. I will move them today. I thought it made sense to do it now since the roots are not highly developed yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here