Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vasue

Together

vasue VA
9 years ago

New for me this year, wondering how Forever & Ever's Together grows & blooms for you?

Here is a link that might be useful: Together

Comments (6)

• October_Gardens
    9 years ago

If killed to the ground in winter, the plant will grow to 2-3', producing thick stems with rather large blooms provided there is adequate light, moisture, and good soil condition.

• luis_pr
    9 years ago

I have seen it for sale at Lowes in previous years. You may have to wait until Spring for them to restock in some areas though.

• October_Gardens
    9 years ago

I got mine two years ago in the bigger 2.5 gallon pot which mistakenly had a one-gallon $16.98 tag on it. Thus, they were forced to sell it to me for that price. :)

Since then, I've not seen any in the 3-gallon pots.

• vasue VA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Luis, sorry I wasn't clear - picked up a 3-gallon 2 months ago in bud & bloom. Searching this forum's posts, see folks were already growing it a few years back. Looking for feedback on growth habits, bloom cycles & length, siting, sun/shade exposure, overwintering with or without protection. Looking for a reality check!

How does Together grow and bloom in real gardens with actual weather? (Rather than professional websites spin, reports from the front line...)

Over the past two months, this one has grown quickly, still in its 3-gallon pot. Initially 18" high & wide, this morning it's 30" tall by 44" across. Buds & blooms from new wood are coming along now, the second round. This one can't take sun past 11 am - perhaps because the soil volume can't hold enough moisture to support all the extended growth even with daily thorough watering. But it's pushing new bloom with only 3 hours of morning sun. Working to figure out its happiest placement in the ground & trying out various "parking" spots in the meantime, feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

Overdue for a larger pot, on my way out for more potting soil. Like it so much, considering picking up another. Some still available locally a few days ago, literally loaded with buds & blooms.

So - does Together fall into the "tried & true" camp or get mixed reviews? Is Together a winner?

• vasue VA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Springwood, this Together came in a 3-gallon trade pot - so actually 2.5 gallons or thereabouts & you are correct. Like dimensional lumber (the current 2x4 piece of wood is in reality a "nominal" measurement less than), a "trade" 3-gallon doesn't hold a "true" 3 gallons.

Nice buy on your mismarked Together!

Edited to add - Just out watering & checked Together's pot. It is marked 3 gallons, unlike some which are marked 2.5 or even 2.25. Guess I'll just keep calling it a 3-gallon. Trade or actual - who knows?

This post was edited by vasue on Mon, Jun 30, 14 at 12:14

• October_Gardens
    9 years ago

The most recent pots (this year) are 3.0 gallon actual. I think the old ones were "#3", which were the 2.25 or 2.5 actual. And to boot, the soil surface in these pots is full of canes from rim to rim, which I deem to be a very good value for $25. Nothing more frustrating than a large pot with a small plant in it.

Nice size of 30x44", though. You're not going to see it get much larger than that. :)

To be more specific, my Together was leveled this winter but now has about 12 canes with about 6 large flower buds, which should make for 10"+ blooms. It's about 2x2' and gets sun from about 10am-5pm and sits in well drained soil under a leaky gutter so I never have to water it. :)