Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How often to use Espoma Sulfur?

Posted by sterph116 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 07 at 12:01

Hello
About a month ago, I used Espoma Garden Sulfur on my 4 Nikko hydrangeas, and they have now bloomed a gorgeous blue color. My question is, how often should I apply the sulfur? Is it something I should do just once a year, or more often? Thanks for any help!
~ Stephanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How often to use Espoma Sulfur?

Once you attain the desired hue of blue, you need to determine what PH Level your soil currently has and you will need to re-apply your ammendments when new measurements show that the PH Level has become more alkaline. In between checks, you can probably add a smidgen (a tbsp or so) or once every week to 4 weeks (your choice). The "proper" amount is variable and is a function of many things, such as your geographic location, soil type (sandy, normal, clay), local weather (rainy, ...), etc. Increase the frequency and/or amount so it will yield the proper blue hues and maintain your soil Ph at the same level.

Luis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here