Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1 gallon paniculata

Posted by ivysmom 8b/9a - Houston (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 12:39

How large would a paniculata be in a 1-gallon pot? I have 3 Vanilla Strawberries which are supposed to ship sometime this month, and am wondering how large they might be.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1 gallon paniculata

Hard to say- I'd guess a range between six and twelve inches?
Could be more or less, of course, but likely that.

o

• Posted by ivysmom 8b/9a - Houston (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 15:26

Thanks. Yeah, I wish they'd specify plant size rather than container size... makes it easier to plan and anticipate. I have an idea of what size mac will fill, say, a 3 gallon container, but no idea for a paniculata (these are my first).

o

I don't know, but IME paniculatas do not grow much their first year, but next year, look out!

o

• Posted by ditas z 4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 10, 11 at 8:15

I planted Angel's Blush ~ a 1 gal baby in '08 ~ from memory she was close to 2ft X 1.5ft & grew at amazing pace ~ now near full size!

On past Mom's Day I planted a 1.75gal pot of *Great Star* a first edition from Bailey ~ it was about close to 1.5 ft tall& wide now more than doubled in size in f/s site.

'Hope this helps ~ have a lot of fun! ~<;)

o

My three Little Limes arrived yesterday from Park's. They're said to be "trade gallons" (3 qts.), and measure 13" to 17" tall. Nicely bushy, too.

Park's still has them on sale, BTW, along with several other hydrangeas last time I looked.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here