Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
destin3g99

Hydrangia Help!!

destin3g99
14 years ago

I bought some light pink bloomed hydrangias from Home Depot a month or two ago and planted them in two big pots. I picked out ones that didn't have blooms at all, or what they did have were just starting to form. Thinking I would get more blooms out of them than ones that already had huge blooms on them and would run out of juice sooner.

One of the pots is beside a bush that blocks the strong direct sunlight, but it still gets sun. It looks pretty good, but it is yet to have any flowers on it.

The other one. Well, it's a mess. At first it was getting direct sunlight for most of the day and started browning up when I realized that it wasn't supposed to get direct sunlight, so I moved it up onto our front porch where it still gets sun, but not as intense. The leaves are all brown, and the ones that are green look really dry. It has some blooms on it, but they look like they are really dry and are dead, but are still pink. It does have a few new green leaves on it.

We've gotten a lot of rain and I've been watering the one up on the porch or moving it out where the rain can hit it when it rains. So I don't think that's the problem. They are potted in good potting soil, so I don't think that's it.

I'm in Georgia and see all of these beautiful hydrangias, but with the way they're acting you would think they are a plant not meant to grow in this area or something. Any ideas??

Comment (1)