Return to the Hydrangea Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rebloom and or everbloom

Posted by mrtoad 7b NC (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 4, 10 at 14:13

i am planting five hydrangea immediately beside carport - if the only criteria were re blooming - what would you recommend?

thanks, mr toad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rebloom and or everbloom

'All Summer Beauty' is my top choice. I've got experience with at least 9 reblooming cultivars (maybe more, not sure off the top of my head), and ASB has always been more dependable than anything else for me. They're all *very* similar though, in that they're pastel mopheads to about the same size. 'Penny Mac' for a larger shrub, 'Mini Penny' for a smaller one. 'Blushing Bride' or 'Mme. Emile Moulliere' for a white, though BB ages pink. Mme. E. is often not mentioned but *is* remontant here in 7b. 'Endless Summer' gets all the press, but get 'David Ramsay' instead, if that's what you're after (and if you can find it). It's the exact same plant. And not patented, so generally cheaper.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hydrangea Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here