Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
echinaceamaniac

Forever & Ever 'Together'

echinaceamaniac
11 years ago

These are my new favorites. I just can't get over how nice the color is!

Comments (18)

• DDhydrangea
    11 years ago

WOW!!! Stunning!

• bfly8
    11 years ago

Wow!! Thats a beauty! Almost looks like a painting.

• bunti
    11 years ago

Its very lovely. what is the variety name? I want to have one of them in my yard.

• echinaceamaniac
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's called Forever & Ever Together

• hydrangeasnohio
    11 years ago

It's My favorite also!!! I own 5...lol...Handles sun very well and seems like it keeps its flowers longer than any other hydrangea in my yard.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Well, now everyone knows why I was willing to drive all the way to Oklahoma (I'm in Kansas) to get Forever and Ever Together! Mine is growing fine but hasn't bloomed yet, so I'm really glad to see these pics--remind me of why I wanted it so badly. : )

Kate

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    11 years ago

Ohhh boy. I picked me up 5 of them the other day at Lowes. Mines more pink and purple and just gorgeous. So how well is the rebloom hydrangeasohio? Judy

• whiteforest
    11 years ago

Boo... :( I'm still trying to find one of these!

• echinaceamaniac
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm going to root some cuttings of these!

• hydrangeasnohio
    11 years ago

Thats how i got five...lol...only bought 1. If you prune off the flowers it reblooms well. But it is hard for me to prune them off because they never turn brown till first frost. They either turn a deep purple or red depending on your ph/soil. Looks like my parents will have the best one of my family this year. They protected it in Spring against our bad frost/freezes we had in April. Its about 3 foot wide by 2-2.5 tall and looks very healthy. Has around 2 dozen buds or more showing so far. I will make a point to take a picture of it this year. I didnt protect mine and took a hard hit in April, but will still put on a good show. Another big plus about the Together is it can handle ALOT of sun and seems to do best flowering in more sun.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

hydrangeasnohio, please do post some pics. when does Together normally bloom? Can you also include some pics of the whole plant?

My new one is growing fine, but no buds yet. Don't know if I should expect any its first year or not. Sure will enjoy seeing yours.

Kate

• hydrangeasnohio
    11 years ago

Well with the Together it is last to bloom in my yard usually. If my memory serves me correct mid to late July in my zone. Although it is well worth the wait and goes strong till frost. 3 of mine are not showing buds yet, but I am sure they will bloom this year. They are the only hydrangeas in my yard not showing buds yet. We had a huge unusual warm up in early/mid March. I had Coneflowers showing buds in March! I cut my Butterfly Bushes to the ground every year and in April they were already 3+ foot tall. With that freeze it killed all new growth on my Hydrangeas and Butterfly Bushes. The next day everything was black to the ground...lol. As the Hydrangeas started to regrow I couldnt stand the look of the damage from the freeze and cut the branches back below the new foliage. My parents went around before the freeze and put buckets/pots/blankets over tender things and completely saved their Together. So they are weeks ahead of me. It was so bad some things still got bit even through the protection in their yard. Think we hit 25 degrees that night. Guess it was Mothers Natures way of restarting the clock at the proper time of the year...lol..I had Coneflowers that made it and was the first time I have ever had them blooming in May. Both of us have had Fall Sedum blooming for a week or 2 now...lol..Their Together should bloom here in June, where mine will probably bloom in late July. Someday here soon I will go on a quest to find my pics from last year. It was the first year I had blooms finish with a deep purple color. My pic I shared on here were from 2010 that I happened to have on photobucket. The Togethers have a middle stage color also. So on one plant you can have 3 different colored blooms all at the same time later in Summer/Fall. If a Together isnt showing new buds shortly after the fist round. My suggestion would to be to prune the worst looking flowers off to force some new flowers to get that effect. They are my favorite hydrangea to play with the ph/soil on. Their only drawback is how late they are to bloom. But once they get going they are my favorite! Cant beat their compact size, color, flower, sturdy stems and how well they handle sun. Here is a pic from 2010 of the middle stage color you can have. All three stages of color are affected by the ph/soil. But you wont be sad about any combination you get. Although I do prefer in the final stage now ending with the deep purple color over red.

• October_Gardens
    11 years ago

Look out for the larger 2.5 gallons with the $16.98 (8" pot) tag. Lowe's has to sell them at marked price, and I got one today for just that. There don't seem to be too many of the larger Together's floating around, but all the ones I saw had the cheaper tag on them. These errors were only on the Togethers.

• woodyswife
    10 years ago

I was very fortunate and found these at Meijer 2 years ago for half price. Then I accidentally broke one while working in the bed. It had a nice set of roots so planted it and now I have three healthy plants!

• madeyna
    10 years ago

I haven,t see any of the forever series around here in at least three years. Everyone is carrying no names and ES. I have enough of both types and would love another shot at a together . The one I did buy 4 years ago bloomed out without the double flowers so it was missmarked.

• hokierustywilliamsbu
    10 years ago

Lowes is full of them here in Tidewater Va.....

• marquest
    10 years ago

Lowes had them in the sale area last week for 3.00.

• jujujojo_gw
    10 years ago

OMG, they are so lovely!

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County