Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pam_loves_2_garden

Umbrella Garden for My Dear Delores Hydrangeas, Will They Help?

Pam_loves_2_garden
11 years ago

I was so tired of adorning hydrangeas from afar thus, I'ved decided to plant a few of my own at the end of last month. However, I planted them in my planter's box outside my windows and had to move them because it was too hot, a couple days later because it was not enough space for future growth.(as I was informed) finally, I planted them in a what is usually a shaded area by my fence. That being said, my hydrangeas would wilt after only receiving about 4-5 hours of sunlight on a few occasions and when I water them, they would revitalize in less than an hour. Therefore, I have repurposed 2 of our patio umbrellas to provide additional shade to the area which includes my Dear Delores Hydrangeas, Tango 4-You Asiatic Lily, and Coral Bells Azalea. All needing part sun to shade. The umbrellas look awesome in the garden but will they protect my newly planted babies, specifically, my hydranges? Everything else seems to be doing fine. P.S. before planting, I put time release Osmocote for plants & shrubs in each hole. About a teaspoonful. This was before I knew to wait a month or so and some of the mopheads have like a brownish color to them. Thanks!

Comment (1)